Soul Calibur: Broken Destiny for PSP is this week’s PlayStation Plus free game. This title is compatible with the Vita. This game is essentially a port of Soul Calibur 4, minus the Star Wars characters, but with Kratos from God of War, and Dampierre, who also appeared in Soul Calibur 5. This game was exclusive to the portable platform, and never appeared on PlayStation 3.
Thomas was Alone, an indie platformer that stars rectangles as playable characters, will be on sale for $7.99. I had fun with this one on PC, and it is cross-buy enabled, so you’ll get the PlayStation 3 and Vita versions for one price. It’s more than just rectangles here, there’s feeling and emotion within this game’s digital walls.
There’s also a Resident Evil franchise sale. The following games will be discounted for everyone, but PlayStation Plus members will enjoy a bigger discount as usual:
- Resident Evil 4 (PS3)
- Resident Evil Director’s Cut (PS one Classic)
- Resident Evil 2 (PS one Classic)
- Resident Evil 6 (PS3)
- Resident Evil 3: Nemesis (PS one Classic)
- Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition (PS3)
- Resident Evil Code: Veronica X (PS3)
- Resident Evil Operation Raccoon City (PS3)
- Resident Evil The Darkside Chronicles (PS3)
- Resident Evil The Umbrella Chronicles (PS3)
Mega Man Maverick Hunter X will finally leave PlayStation Plus, and the discounts on Dragon Fantasy Book 1, the Grand Theft Auto Franchise, and Zombie Driver HD will end tomorrow. With all of the games for this month previously revealed, expect Zombie Tycoon 2 as next week’s game. This will be a day 1 release that’s free for PlayStation Plus members.