What? No mention of simian.interface, Shovel Knight or ? Boo.
Congratulations to all of the winners!
2013 IndieCade Award Winners Revealed
Blendo Games’ Quadrilateral Cowboy Takes Home Grand Jury Award
LOS ANGELES – Oct. 8, 2013 – The 2013 IndieCade named this year’s award winners, including the Grand Jury Award going to Quadrilateral Cowboy, created by Blendo Games. IndieCade recognizes superior examples of story development, visual, technological, audio and all-around independent game titles as well as creators who have greatly contributed to the independent gaming field.
Ten of the winners, including the Grand Jury Award, were announced at the Red Carpet awards show on Thursday, Oct. 3. The Grand Jury Award allows IndieCade’s Distinguished Award Jurors to select a game that they feel deserves a special citation for overall excellence. This could be a game that couldn’t fit into any other category, but the jury each year determines the criteria for assignment of this award. Past recipients could have included Gravitation (2008),Moon Stories (2009), Groping in the Dark (2010), Fez (2011) and Unmanned (2012). This year the jury chose from more than 850 games from six different continents. On Sunday, Oct. 5 the Game Changer, Audience, Developer and Media Choice Awards were announced at the closing party.
This year’s IndieCade included the debut of two new awards: The Media Choice award, given to the game the most media members selected as their favorite, as well as The Trailblazer Award, given to a relative newcomer who has shaken things up and used games in original as well as innovative ways.
“Every year IndieCade’s awards recognize a diverse array of titles and some of the brightest developers in indie gaming, increasing awareness for this exceptional craft,” said Stephanie Barish, CEO, IndieCade. “It is an honor to identify these amazing projects and we are proud to provide a platform which helps distinguish these games and their creators.”
The game and developer winners this year are:
- Grand Jury Award: Quadrilateral Cowboy – Blendo Games
- Visuals: Kentucky Route Zero – Cardboard Computer
- Audio: Gone Home – The Fullbright Company
- Impact: Dog Eat Dog – Liwanag Press
- Interaction: Spaceteam – Henry Smith
- Game Design: NIDHOGG – MESSHOF
- Technology: Spin the Bottle: Bumpie’s Party – KnapNok Games & Redgrim
- Story/ World Design: Kentucky Route Zero – Cardboard Computer
- Special Recognition: Porpentine’s Twine Compilation – Porpentine
- The Trailblazers Award: Tracy Fullerton
- Game Changer Award: Anna Anthropy
- Developers Choice Award: Killer Queen Arcade – Joshua DeBonis & Nikita Mikros
- Audience Choice Award: Slash Dash – Nevernaut
- Media Choice Award: TowerFall – Matt Makes Games
For more information, visit http://www.indiecade.com/